What you need to know about Floor Hockey 5's:
# of People on Court
5 Players including goalie (minimum 2 males and 2 females)
Mandatory Roster Requirements
COVID-19 LEAGUE MODIFICATIONS - Each sport has specific mandatory roster requirements.
Floor Hockey 5’s:
- 12 players maximum on roster per team.
1) All players on your team are required to sign the waiver and show on your Team's roster online.
2) Game day wellness checks “COVID-19 Self Screening” must be completed by all players prior to participation.
3) Players must maintain physical distancing of 2-meters before, during and after all activities. This includes arriving on-site, playing the sport, resting/sitting on the sidelines, and departing the game.
4) No Spectators are allowed under any circumstance (this includes kids, family, etc).
5) No substitutes allowed outside of your set roster (unless from the same league and tier).
For more information regarding Roster Sizes & Specific Team Numbers, click here.
|Team Safety Ambassador (TSA)
COVID-19 LEAGUE MODIFICATIONS - All teams must assign a Team Safety Ambassador (TSA) for the season.
The TSA must be a registered player and identified using the “TSA” label in your online roster.
- Watch a pre-season Safe Return to Play training video.
- Keep a record of attendance at each game. This record may be called upon for contact tracing.
- Ensure individual wellness checks “COVID-19 Self Screening” are completed by each player prior to each game.
- Ask players to leave the game if they arrive showing symptoms of cold or flu.
- Ensure physical distancing measures are enforced by your team. Physical distancing of two meters is mandatory when players are arriving on-site, playing the sport, resting/sitting on the sidelines, and departing the game.
- Sport-specific rules may adjust physical distancing measures taken on the playing surface.
- Players must always stay within their designated bench or standing area while not on the playing surface.
- Ensure your team follows posted ENTER / EXIT signage at facilities (controlled traffic flow).
- Remind all players to arrive on time and leave immediately after the game is over.
- Ensure your team is following the equipment sanitization requirements for your sport.
- Ensure all players have read and understand mandatory Club COVID-19 Protocols.
COVID-19 LEAGUE MODIFICATIONS - Equipment including nets, sticks and balls will be provided and set-up each week.
- Goalie equipment will not be provided on-site (this also includes goalie masks).
- Exception: Goalie sticks provided on-site.
- Teams are responsible for providing Goalie Gear. Do not share your goalie gear with other players or teams.
- Teams should read and understand the goaltender equipment requirements. These are located in the sport rules tab.
Sports Equipment will be sanitized between games.
- Players must use the provided SSC hockey sticks. Exception: players may use DOM C6 Cup or DOM EL-93 Elite 54” sticks & blades (based on previous approval from the SSC). DOM EL-93 XT 60” is not permitted.
- Must use DOM standard blade (SB-76). All players on the same team must use the same colour blade (either red or blue).
- Can wear eye protection, gloves & shin guards (soccer) although not mandatory but is recommended.
- Teams should bring both light and dark coloured shirts to each and every game.
NEW League Modifications
COVID-19 LEAGUE MODIFICATIONS - Returning to league sports will be a unique experience. As part of our "Safe Return to Play" format, we are focusing on the safety of our staff and players and leaning into the FUN and SOCIAL aspects of our leagues!
League Guidelines – For further details, click here.
- Leagues will be played “for fun” with no playoffs. Scores and standings will still appear on our website.
- No prizing or trophies will be awarded.
- Leagues will be played in smaller Tiers to ensure limited contact with opponents throughout the season. Tiers will be determined based on skill rankings (at registration) and past league results.
- Each Tier will be confined to a limited number of facilities. You will play at consistent location(s) throughout the season. Please note, we are unable to accommodate or make facility changes based on individual requests this season.
- All leagues will have an even number of teams to avoid double-header play.
- Game times will be staggered by a minimum of 10 minutes across all sports leagues to ensure safe traffic flow.
- Players are asked to compete with a “Play On” mentality. No arguing or disputing calls made during the game.
COVID-19 RULE MODIFICATIONS - Please refer to the sport rules page to view league rules. It is the responsibility of all players to read and understand the sport specific rules as well as the general rules & club policies.
Modified Score & Spirit Point Reporting
- Leagues will be played “for fun” with no scores, standings, or playoffs.
- The “Spirit Score” system for Teams is still in place to share recognition or concerns with us.
- No prizing or trophies will be awarded.
About Spirit Points: Spirit points are awarded to a team from their opponent after each game to encourage sportsmanship, honesty, integrity and fair play. For more information and how to properly award spirit points, please see our section ‘All About Spirit Points’.
TUESDAY INTERMEDIATE LEAGUE: Spryfield Recreation Centre.
THURSDAY RECREATIONAL LEAGUE: Spryfield Recreation Centre, Needham Community Centre, East Dartmouth Community Centre, Oxford School.