The Halifax Sport & Social Club is proud of our history and commitment to building strong communities and improving the lives of others, both locally and globally.
We have undertaken several charity initiates and since our inception in 2008 we are delighted to have donated over $9,600 in support.
Details on our initiatives are listed below.
• Annual partnership witn Canadian Blood Services- HSSC Ball Hockey Tournament & Blood Drive
• Donated end-of-season Wrap Party 50/50 proceeds to The Arthritis Society of Canada.
• Participation in ‘Movember’ to raise money for prostate cancer.
• Sponsor and supporter of the 2011 Canada Winter Games in Halifax.
• Sponsorship of a World Vision Child.
• Annual school donations to local schools that go towards new sports equipment, team uniforms, breakfast programs, enabling underprivileged children to participate in field trips, building handicap accessible ramps, etc.